The Albury / Wodonga Digital Enterprise Strategy (DES) included the Chamber in six of its key recommendations. The involvement of businesses in Albury in meeting the outcomes of the DES is of vital importance to ongoing economic growth, sustainability and diversity in the region. Business cannot underestimate the importance of taking advantage of a world that is moving increasingly online. The six key recommendations which involve the Chamber and its members are:
- To establish a Digital Retail Champions network to address barriers to digital retail.
- To deliver to businesses awareness of the benefits of eCommerce in retail.
- To establish a Digital Champions Network and identify industry groups to address barriers to digitalisation in manufacturing, tourism, hospitality, small business and property development.
- To identify local professional Digital / IT service providers and develop a resource tool for business and consumers who wish to seek professional advice and products.
- To coordinate the aggregation of services for businesses to use joint purchasing power to engage expertise.
- To assist councils and stakeholders to raise awareness of the benefits of being a digital business.
To find out more or get involved join us at the next Digital / IT Industry Network meeting being held on the 13th May 2014, 7.30am – 8.30am at Albury Northside Chamber offices. All businesses are welcome to attend. Register today www.alburynorthside.com.au/events or call Kathie Heyman Business Manager on 6023100 for more information.