An opportunity to enhance your directorship knowledge and meet like-minded peers.
If you’re serious about launching a career as a director or enhancing your existing directorship knowledge, the Company Directors Course is for you. Developed and facilitated by directors, for directors, the Company Directors Course will develop your director skills by exploring the director’s role and responsibilities.
Established in 1975, the course is updated annually to ensure the content is relevant and up-to-date. What’s more, it provides outstanding networking opportunities across a wide variety of industries and sectors.
Who is this course for?
Executive and non-executive directors, CEOs, and senior executives who report to boards, from publicly listed, private, government and not-for-profit organisations.
Who delivers the course?
Each course uses a variety of experienced directors as facilitators. Our facilitators are selected based on their in-depth knowledge of board environments as well as their ability to engage and connect with you.
Date: (Mondays over five weeks) 18 March to 15 April 2019
Time: 9:00am to 4:30pm
Venue: Hovell Tree Inn, 614 Hovell Street Albury
Cost: Member: $7,209.00 / Non-member: $10,115.00
(courses are GST exempt)
Contact: 03 9245 4200
How will you benefit?
This course has been designed to:
- Equip you with knowledge to ensure you understand your role and the compliance issues for your board.
- Lead you beyond compliance to better understand the governance expectations and the ethical considerations of your role
- Help you build a better board and improve and streamline board processes
- Focus your future strategic discussions to, provide the knowledge and tools you need to monitor your organisation’s financial performance and risk management
- Broaden your view of directorship and help you improve your personal performance and organisational performance
The Company Directors Course comprises 10 modules:
- The Role of the Board and the Practice of Directorship
- Decision Making
- Directors’ Duties and Responsibilities
- The Board’s Legal Environment
- Risk: Issues for Boards
- Strategy: The Board’s Role
- Financial Literacy for Directors
- Driving Financial Performance
- Achieving Board Effectiveness
- Learning into Practice
For more information on membership or the Company Directors Course, visit www.companydirectors.com.au/companydirectorscourse
Alternatively, you can access the PDF enrolment form here.