If you have been in business long enough I am sure you have heard the saying “Failing to plan is planning to fail”
A business plan should be the first step in developing a business. What is your vision of where you would like your business to be in five to ten years ? A business plan will give your business much needed direction allow you to focus on your strengths and weaknesses and prepare you for future threats and opportunities.
A good business plan will help you to get from where you are today to where you want to be in the future. It should be reviewed on a regular basis so you can measure your businesses growth against your plan.
All businesses are different; no two business plans are the same. When developing your business plan think about the following:
- tailor your plan for your business.
- it’s your plan, so write it to suit your business needs.
- make it easy to communicate to staff, bank managers and if need be your clients.
- ensure you have key milestones in place so you can measure and monitor your businesses performance
- use your business plan as a guide to grow your business and make sound business decisions.
If your business does not have a plan, now is a great time to start. Need help ? then contact the Chamber we can connect you with the right people to help you plan for your success in 2014 – 2015.
We’re for Business,
Kathie Heyman Business Manager