Member for Albury, Greg Aplin today called on the community to celebrate the success of local businesses by nominating them for the 2016 Telstra Australian Business Awards.
For 24 years the national Awards program has recognised the best of Australia’s entrepreneurial spirit and the courage of small and medium business, helping them reach new levels of success.
“Our local businesses, and the incredible people who run them, are central to the strength of our local economy. It’s important for us to celebrate them and continue to encourage their growth,” Mr Aplin said.
“It takes an incredible amount of sacrifice and tenacity to run a business, and we see this every day in businesses across the region. Nominating is a wonderful way to recognise our local success stories.”
Mr Aplin said nominating a business will give them the opportunity to be recognised among Australia’s best small and medium businesses.
“I encourage everyone to get behind these often unsung heroes by nominating our brilliant local businesses to show the rest of the state the excellent operations we have here in our electorate.”
Every business that enters the Awards also receives a free individual 70-page Business Health Check report that evaluates their business performance and provides a platform to review business strategy and plan for future growth.
Anyone can nominate a brilliant business they admire, with entries open from 3 February until 23 March 2016 across five Award categories:
- New Business Award – for businesses operating for one to three years with up to 500 employees
- Micro Business Award – for businesses with five employees or less
- Small Business Award – for businesses with more than five employees but less than 50
- Medium Business Award – for businesses with more than 50 employees but less than 500
- Charity Award – ACNC registered with DGR status, between one and 500 employees and an annual income of between $250,000 and $10,000,000
State and territory winners will be named at gala events later this year. The New South Wales dinner and Awards will be presented on 29th July 2016.
To nominate or enter the Awards, go to www.telstrabusinessawards.com or call the Telstra Australian Business Awards on 1800AWARDS for further information.
Media Contact: Greg Aplin 6021 3042 or 0428 600 343