Our Core Values
Annual General Report 2014
In last years report I concluded by saying the Board was ‘looking forward to even bigger and better things for 2015 and beyond.’ As it turns out this was both prophetic and an understatement!
Clearly, you the members, have enthusiastically embraced the new initiatives and offerings that are available from the Chamber. By taking advantage of the member benefits your business is able to be better informed, connected, supported and represented in the broader community.
Our Business Manager, Kathie Heyman, has provided a detailed report on our activities for the year. On behalf of all of us I extend our sincere thanks to Kathie for her passion, enthusiasm and hard work in ensuring the Chamber provides great value to everyone. Thanks also to our other dedicated and hard working Chamber staff, Carrick Gill-Vallance (Business Development Manager) and Vera Vaskovic (Membership Engagement), who both continue to support the growth and development of our vibrant Chamber with such a professional and super-friendly style.
These efforts were recognized at the recent NSW Business Chamber’s Regional Business Awards last week. The winner of the Chambers category (Wagga Chamber of Chamber) not only thanked your Chamber for helping them but indicated they see the Chamber as a benchmark that they aspire towards! Take a bow everyone!! As you will read throughout this document, the past year has been a very dynamic and progressive one with key performance indicators’ being achieved and often exceeded on numerous fronts.
Some notable highlights from my perspective include:
- Working with our colleagues from Albury Central to develop a plan and implementation program that will see us become a merged organisation by July 2016.
- Development of a relationship with Border Trust.
- Ongoing interaction with our colleagues from the Wodonga Chamber of Commerce.
- Rescheduling of the Local Chamber Business awards to provide a pathway into the Regional Awards program of the NSW Business Chamber.
- A very successful Albury-Wodonga Business Awards event.
- The terrific work of the executive and committees of Women in Chamber and Young Business Edge in providing events and functions for their members.
- Hosting a business breakfast with the NSW Premier Mike Baird and local member Greg Aplin.
- Development of the smaller networking and events and programs.
- Consistently well attended Business After Hours
- Constitution rewritten to reflect new structure.
- Completion of the Chambers Strategic Plan.
- Quarterly meetings with executive of AlburyCity.
- Great support from AlburyCity councillors and staff.
- Integration with the community generally
Your Chamber Board has diversity in experience and expertise in businesses across several sectors.
I am grateful for the support, enthusiasm and time that is contributed by this outstanding group of people who are genuinely committed to the improvement and enhancement of businesses in the Albury region:
- Greg Wood | Wood Real Estate
- Scott Mann | LJ Colquhoun Dixon
- Jason Croker | RSM Bird Cameron
- Andrea Grimmond | ShedBoss Albury
- James Smith | MP Personnel
- Natalie Shepard | Universally Speaking
We also appreciate the financial support we receive from AlburyCity and believe we deliver excellent value to both the council and the community as a result of that support. This year, we have been able to continue to enhance the focus on improving our core business support activities and delivering even better value to our members, partners, sponsors and other stakeholders.Your Chamber executive and staff have been involved with numerous initiatives, enquiries and representations to local, state and federal government departments and entities. These representations are carried out professionally and effectively on behalf of the members. The overall economic conditions of the past 12 months means it is still a challenging environment for all businesses. However, the Board is determined to see that the Chamber is instrumental in providing the inspiration, connections and expertise to help our members to address these challenges and to cement Albury-Wodonga’s position as a premier regional location to be in business and a great place to live. We recognise that a strong Business Chamber underpins the overall social and economic success of the community as a whole.
I would also like to express the Board’s sincere gratitude to the following:
- Our new and existing partners and sponsors for their on-going support and assistance
- The chairs and committees of Women In Chamber, Young Business Edge and Chamber Business Awards for another outstanding year.
- The Champions who facilitate Heath Wellness Lifestyle and STRIVE forums.
- Our colleagues at the Wodonga Chamber of Commerce whom we have collaborated with on various cross border initiatives.
- The host businesses of our highly successful Business After Hours networking meetings.
- The guest speakers at our monthly Business Before Hours meetings who have provided support, education and inspiration to our members.
Finally, to you the members, thank you for being involved in the ANCC and recognising the value in working together as part of a network of progressive businesses.
Chair 2014 – 2015
To read the full report click here.. Website AGM 2015 Report